Monday, December 22, 2008

Livin the High Life on 55 Wall Street


Man it already seems like eons ago. The first weekend in December the Safar sisters and I travelled to NYC for a quick weekend getaway trip. We met up with Monica vising from London-town. For G it was her first time witnessing the city of concrete. On a side note, where did big apple come from, it does not seem appropriate it all, especially considering there are no trees unless you count the everlasting evergreens that are few and far between and spring up in unusual and random patches dirt throughout the city. I digress, anyways we saw the usual sites... radio city music hall, the subway, ground zero, statue of liberty from afar, times square, Rockefeller center complete with famous Christmas tree and ice rink and perhaps my favorite of all... Grand Central Station. I don't know what it is about that place but I could have stayed there for hours. It is a pretty beautiful place and during the holiday season they put on a holiday themed light show set to music on the hour, every hour. Totally cheesy but well worth the trip. Beyond that the city was much different than what I saw in the spring, too many coats all that wonderful fashion covered up. Although apparently everyone in NYC knows that if you don't have any boats, ya don't have any style. And I think I did hear fringed boots and cardigans are making a come back?!?

Us...Five! Five-a-Live!

Seriously. five. it's a big number. Okay. this year, there's no tellin', well maybe some tellin' since it's already May... Here's what I do know and the rest well it's all a big ole' question mark. Year five will inevitably bring change, career change! yay! attitude change! yay! I've been waiting. it's finally here. now Raybill... Matt scored our first investment property. and a tv show to boot (note: tv show used generously). watch for it peeps. It's going to be huge ;)

Us... cuatro ano

I really have no idea where this year will lead us. All starts with our biggest vacation yet... Thailand. And then from there who knows? We have (or should I say I have) been searching for a project maybe landlords, maybe a new fantastic job, maybe entrepuer, maybe a new house. Crystal ball anyone?

Us... On to year three.

Most exciting thing in our life... No more school! No more school! Well at least for me. Matt may think differently, like I told him vacation is on for me, over for him ;) Not quite sure how I will fill my time yet, we all know I don't do relaxation well, and the first two weeks have been interesting, a visit to NYC, re-sodding the lawn for the second time, planting the garden, a craiglist's garage sale, etc.

Us... Year 2

Year 2 of marriage. As Matt would say this is the year of being "young professionals"... Matt went independent in August and we are trying to figure out how to adjust to "tax-free" checks. It makes me a little nervous but Matt, the ever adivsor, says it is just fine. I just started my new job at ConAgra Foods, quite a change from industrial automation. Oh and there's school... never ending school. Someday, I will be done, right? With the house projects near completion, Matt traded smoking for a new boat. (I think he cheats by having a beer just to justify a smoke, but I secretly cannot bring myself to sell the boat - Sonny likes it too much) And then there is Sonny, 100 pounds and spoiled. He continues to rule the house.