Sunday, September 27, 2009

Weekend Market - Day 8 (Bangkok cont'd)

More markets. More shopping. This time the most dizzying, intoxicating experience ever. hands down. we have our usual breakfast and head towards the largest open air market in the world. open saturdays and sundays only. Huge. Huge market. Selling again anything and everything. the people are in mass.

just the first step in the market is overwhelming. so far, the smells, well they've been pretty good. nothing too horrific with the exception of an occasional whiff of piss, shit or garbage. But today at market, well that's a different story. the first step into the tiny little aisles that separate the shops and we are hit with well quite frankly a smell I never want to smell again in my life. It was horrible. Our stomachs turned, our pace quickened and we had to do everything we could to not hurl in the middle of the market. and then.... fresh air. it never smelt so good.

We wander and wander. there are pets for sale and original artwork. Old books and cheap plastic buddhas. paper and scarves. Just a lot stuff. whole sections of the market dedicated to one type of item. Nice stuff too. I could have wandered forever minus the complete cultural overload. Asian fashion is awesome. My fav for sure. I could have purchased a complete new wardrobe barring any time constraints. best of all it was cheap! cheap! cheap! we sent 2500 baht roughly $75 dollars and left with a loot.

Next on the agenda.... a flight to Krabi and some much needed R&R.

Us...Five! Five-a-Live!

Seriously. five. it's a big number. Okay. this year, there's no tellin', well maybe some tellin' since it's already May... Here's what I do know and the rest well it's all a big ole' question mark. Year five will inevitably bring change, career change! yay! attitude change! yay! I've been waiting. it's finally here. now Raybill... Matt scored our first investment property. and a tv show to boot (note: tv show used generously). watch for it peeps. It's going to be huge ;)

Us... cuatro ano

I really have no idea where this year will lead us. All starts with our biggest vacation yet... Thailand. And then from there who knows? We have (or should I say I have) been searching for a project maybe landlords, maybe a new fantastic job, maybe entrepuer, maybe a new house. Crystal ball anyone?

Us... On to year three.

Most exciting thing in our life... No more school! No more school! Well at least for me. Matt may think differently, like I told him vacation is on for me, over for him ;) Not quite sure how I will fill my time yet, we all know I don't do relaxation well, and the first two weeks have been interesting, a visit to NYC, re-sodding the lawn for the second time, planting the garden, a craiglist's garage sale, etc.

Us... Year 2

Year 2 of marriage. As Matt would say this is the year of being "young professionals"... Matt went independent in August and we are trying to figure out how to adjust to "tax-free" checks. It makes me a little nervous but Matt, the ever adivsor, says it is just fine. I just started my new job at ConAgra Foods, quite a change from industrial automation. Oh and there's school... never ending school. Someday, I will be done, right? With the house projects near completion, Matt traded smoking for a new boat. (I think he cheats by having a beer just to justify a smoke, but I secretly cannot bring myself to sell the boat - Sonny likes it too much) And then there is Sonny, 100 pounds and spoiled. He continues to rule the house.